Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ariel Storylook Palette Review and Swatches


Boy do I feel lucky! This morning the UPS man dropped off this beautiful new palette from Sephora. Ariel is the newest addiction to the collection of Disney Reigning Princessss and this palette does not disappoint (aside from a shade or two). 



The back of the box displays all the shades that are included. They are generous in both number and finish. The names are from the Disney film which adds just the right amount of childhood  to this big girl palette


Once opened the palette itself features a beautiful aquatic scene of Ariel gazing at the surface where she longs to be. Both dramatic and beautiful, this was an excellent choice for a cover. Inside there is a navy colored velvet box which the shadows sit upon. The pull tab is silver ribbon. Just the right touch. 




The shadows themselves have an, overall, great quality to them. They are
Soft and easy to blend, yes even the mattes. Those shades which do lean a little sheer like Flounder, Sebastian, and treasures untold are the perfect contrast to the more pigmented Flotsom, Jetsam, and Sea Witch. Each row could easily be an eye look by itself or colors from all over the palette could be combined. I love the inclusion of shades like Fins , a glittery mermaid green, Sha La La, matte dark fuchsia,  Blue Lagoon, shimmering opaque blue, and Triton, shimmering gold.  The only shade I had a major issue with was Sick of Swimming. It was crumbly, hard to apply evenly, and not very pigmented. It would have made a good highlighter shade had it not been so hard to apply. Your Voice, which has micro glitter, gave me a lot of fallout. I didn't have this same issue with Triton which is similar in formula. 

You can purchase this palette at Sephora for 55$



Overall I liked this palette, the nautical themed shades, perfect for summer. Loved most of the finishes and overall formula. If you love Disney, the little mermaid, beautiful makeup or just love beautiful packaging, this is a must have. So place this baby right next to your Cinderella and Jasmine! It's story time.

Here are some looks!

Ariel Storylook Palette Look- Wearing Atlantica on the lid, fins on the crease, and sick of swimming on the inner corner of the eye. Ruby Woo by mac on the lips lined with Sephora nano liner in Choco Chic
Ariel Storylook Palette Look- Wearing Atlantica on the lid, fins on the crease, and sick of swimming on the inner corner of the eye. Ruby Woo by mac on the lips lined with Sephora nano liner in Choco Chic

Ariel Storylook Palette Look- I used Unfortunate Souls on the middle lid, Your Voice on the inner corner of my eye, and Sea Witch on the outer corner. I used Heroine on my lips by MAC lined with Nightmother lip liner.

Ariel Storylook Palette Look- I used Unfortunate Souls on the middle lid, Your Voice on the inner corner of my eye, and Sea Witch on the outer corner. I used Heroine on my lips by MAC lined with Nightmother lip liner.
Ariel Storylook Palette Look- I used Scuttle on the lid, Caspian Seas on the crease, Treasures Untold on the browbone and Sha LaLa under my lower lash. I also used Sushi Kiss by MAC on my lips.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment