Thursday, June 14, 2012

Julep Maven June Mystery Box

Julep Maven June Mystery Box
Mystery Box pre-opening
Today arrived the box I've been waiting almost a week and a half for, my Julep Maven June Mystery Box. Every so often Julep.com offers mavens and non mavens the chance to buy a mystery box worth anywhere from 60$ to 200$. For non mavens the box is 60$ for mavens who enter the COLOR2012 promotion code it is 19.99$. Julep is a subscription service offering nail polishes and extras shipped every month for a price of 19.99 including free shipping! Best of all the first month costing only one penny for new mavens. Click here to take your style quiz today, and sign up.

Elixir, eye dropper, scrub, age defying cream, Emma, Gayle, and emery board.

The box I received is worth 75$ (Other blogs have listed this as worth more they however did not take into account the sizes of certain products).
 It included:
An emery board: worth $2
I am always uses these so I am glad i received a new one!
Glow On Age Defying Hand Brightener 1 fl. Oz.: Sample size worth $10.60
I'm not sure why I would need to fight aging and want to brighten up my hands but this cream does have a nice feel to it
Facial for Hands Glycolic Hand Scrub 1 fl. Oz.: Sample size worth $10.60
A nice scrub. I like how soft and rejuvenated this made my hands feel.
Elixir-organic Moroccan argan oil 1 fl. oz.: Full size worth $24




My first thoughts? What am I a gypsy? But seriously, after smelling it's light scent, and using it on my skin via the eye dropper, it was light and made my skin feel smooth. As described on the bottle this is also good for hair and nails. I can't wait to use this on my split ends and my cuticles. Thank you julep.


As for the nail colors I received
Emma ($14) - a shimmery/iridescent pinkish purpleish color. It is bright and sparkly and I think would make an excellent accent nail in between gayle.

Gayle ($14)- a deep violet. Very opaque. And will be perfect for when fall starts. With an accent nail of Emma it is he perfect combination to go from summer to fall.

  

Overall I was underwhelmed at first glance since I was hoping for more polish and less product but I really am happy with my box. I am pretty sure I will purchase future mystery boxes due to the whole lottery feel of it and the sheer value of everything for a fraction of the price no matter what box you get. Even though it is an additional $19.99 to the subscription price I like having the option to get one. Besides most manicures with polish are more than 20 dollars and at least with Julep I get to keep the polish and he products and pamper myself. It also doesn't hurt to know tht my friends can also share in the amazing products with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment