Monday, December 17, 2012

Glossy Box USA November 2012 Box Review and Swatches

'Tis The Season to be Glossy?



Alright, i have put this off long enough. Let me start off by saying that Glossy Box is hands down one of my favorite subscriptions. It comes without fail, i never have to call and complain about anything, most of the products are full size or multi use, the magazine is fun to read, and i love reusing the sturdy box. So whats the issue this month? Well for starters when i do a beauty profile on a site, i expect it will be used to send me products that are based on what i chose. So if i pick my style as extravagant, you would send me products that are well.. extravagant.. right? No, not if you are Glossy Box.

I loved the presentation and packaging, much like i always do.



The item list was long enough for me to get excited about!



What i received:
Illamasqua Ltd Lip & Eye Medium Pencil-
Illamasqua is a brand of extravagance, color, and fun, and in my beauty profile i listed my style as extravagant. So what color would they include? Orange? no no Pink? ... Baby blue? Neon green????? ..... blackened gray.. wait what? So you mean to tell me that according to glossy box the following is considered extravagant...
 Yes this is beautiful, but not EXTRAVAGANT.
So i googled extravagant eye makeup, the above i goggled black eyeliner.

Oh, would you look at that, yep that's  more me. I guess i should have picked.... oh wait, i did pick extravagant.
Anyway here you go...
I received the full size worth $20 dollars. It is a shame that others got bright versions of this product and didn't want it, yet people who choose EXTRAVAGANT, got this....




 Lierac Gommage Sensoriel-
This body scrub is pretty unique i love how it made my skin feel soft without feeling rough. It is not like most scrubs in that the particles are suspended in a gel that actually turns kind of oily once in contact with the skin. Not greasy though. I liked this product, but it isn't something i would go out of my way to buy.
Full Size- $30 for 3.5 oz



 Nume Style Arganics by NuMe Argan Oil-
I liked how this product worked. I used it on my skin at first and tt was decent and made my skin feel lastingly soft. I applied some to the tips of my hair and left it on over night and woke up with soft easy to manage hair. I like that it is versatile.
Full size- $59 for 4oz


 Perfumies Soil Perfume Stick in Snow Bunny-
 Most of my product was melted into the top of the stick rendering it too soft too use since it is all out of the tube. How lovely. It had a soft scent, but not something i would ever buy due to fear of it melting.
Full size: $7
I received the full size. 



Skin&Co Roma Truffle Serum:Hydro-Toning Day Face Serum
 Strike one- my bottle was mostly empty, Stike two- others received a card card with promo information, i did not, AND strike three- my card said to enjoy my free sample.. oh you mean the one i just paid for? Really, Really? As for the little bit of the product itself, a little goes a long way in terms of covering your face and seeing some noticeable changes. I don't have many wrinkles but prevention is always good. But after the BS insert information i will be passing completely on this flaky brand.
 Full size $36 for 1.01 oz



My past months have been filled with amazing and relative products to my lifestyle and my beauty profile but this month just falls short. Blackend gray liner, wrinkle serum, a half empty product, and a melted perfume stick, yes this is neither extravagant nor quality. I have since changed my profile to reflect trendy. I hope this helps some since i am highly displeased over their complete lack of use of the beauty profile.

While this month was awful, not all are. If you would like to have high end beauty products that are not in foil packets and are more than one use or full sized, sign up for glossy box. Only 21$ a month which includes shipping. Comes with a magazine and a sturdy reusable box. Sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment