Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter Loose Button Luxe Box United States Review and Swatches


This subscription was way too short lived for my taste! The Canadian subscription service Loose Button Luxe Box had a two season preview for the United States for both Fall and Winter Boxes. I opted into both boxes. To see my review on the United States Fall box please click here!


For two seasons, 2 boxes every three months, the cost was 50$, this is pretty reasonable considering the items were all a decent size and a bit higher end in terms of brands in comparison to other boxes. The presentation made me feel like i was receiving a luxurious gift which i guess goes with the name. A long, sturdy box, housed a draw string bag with the loose button emblem. Inside was also an envelope with the list of products. This looked more like a regal invitation than a list of samples. I appreciate simple attention to details, and at this price range it is right on point.





 The selection for the Winter season had a few hits and misses but overall i was happy. I would have loved to have continued this subscription however i did replace it with another Canadian box - Top Box which was a little bit more reasonable.

 What was included:

 Eyeko Mini Skinny Brush Mascara-
This has to be the tiniest mascara brush ever! You know that expression- size matters, and bigger is better, NOT ALWAYS! Just to compare- if you have tried the Hypose Star mascara from Lancome with its small bristles on one side you will know that sometimes the smallest bristles make the biggest lashes. I used this mascara and i was able to reach the base of my lid sweeping the mascara all the way out to the tip. Made my lashes look full but natural. I really liked this product. Plus the tube shape allows for less product to go to waste.


Essie Nail Lacquer in Leading Lady-
Essie is a great brand in terms of quality. I have never been disappointed- yet. Leading Lady is a red polish with red glitter throughout. It is not overly sparkly but does have nice shimmer. It reminds me a little of Dorthy's slippers in the bottle i wish that would have been the look on the nail but it isnt a deal breaker. Two coats was all it took for full and even coverage. I did not see chipping for at least 3 days (which is long for me since i am very busy with my hands)
Orlane Eye Contour-
This treatment is supposed to help rest the skin around the eye. I have a bit of dark circles and minimal lines. I found this to help diminish a bit of my dark circles but that was about it. Not a bad product and nice to have had in my routine while it lasted, but probably would not go out of my way to purchase this item.

 Marc Anthony Beach Spray-
We are far from summer but this spray allowed me to have soft loose waves like i had just gotten out of the pool. I like this hair product because it added some life to my sometimes lifeless and straight hair.
 Donna Karan Woman-
O am a big fan of Donna Karan fragrances so i was pretty happy to see a deluxe size perfume sample of Woman. I just wish someone had told me that removing the cap a little too quick will make the product spill everywhere. Everything smelled like a nice mix of citrus and warmth, just wish i would have had an opportunity to have really worn this.


 Kerastase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquid-
This serum left my hair feeling soft and looking shiny. I had to use almost half the little sample however. With very long hair it took more product than expected. I wouldn't switch from my current oil treatments though.


 Marc Anthony Strictly Curls
I was a little confused as to why this item was sent out to everyone even those with curly hair. Apparently Luxebox feels girls do their hair curly for the holidays. Not this girl, had no use for this item.


Loose Button Kabuki Brush-
I like how soft this brush felt. Though it is small i feel it did a nice job of blending in powder foundation and blending out blush.



Overall i will/do miss this subscription. I think overall for its price and frequency that it is a good value and contains high quality and decent sized items. The only other subscription box i could compare this box to would be Glossy Box. Hopefully Loose Button decides to give the United States another preview or gives us the opportunity to subscribe for as many seasons as Canadian subscribers.

No comments:

Post a Comment