Sunday, March 24, 2013

Birchbox March 2013 Review


Welcome to March Madness, or shall i say this month's Birchbox. For the first time in a long while i opened up my Birchbox and did not feel an utterly overwhelming sensation of disappointment. I honestly savored the moment. I feel like this box hit it just right this time because it righted all of it's past offenses in one box. Now it's no where close to perfect, but this is the kind of box i expect every month from a subscription that costs $10. The downside is, as i am sure many of you have seen other blogs, pictures, or even your own box, there are SO many different variety of Birchbox in one month.  I am sure there are a lot of people out there this month with awful boxes, irrelevant or one time use products, or just got nothing they were hoping to get. If this happened to you, i am sorry.

What i received: (Forgot to take individual photos before migrating the products to my collection sorry!)

Incoco Nail Polish Applique-
I am a huge fan of anything that can help me have a quick manicure without dry time. While these didn't apply perfectly they had a very cute design and lasted a good 4 days without any chip (This is a long time for me since i am very active with my hands). Based on the design and price range i would be open to purchasing these.
Full size: $9

Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo-
I am also a huge fan of dry shampoo! But a dry shampoo that always gives volume and has a sweet girly scent, i am sold! I really liked this product. Even with 2 day old mommy hair i was able to have some volume and look like i had spent a bit of time styling my hair when really i just flipped my hair a few times and sprayed this product in. The price point is decent for what this product does.
Full size: $25

Twistband Headband-
I was introduced to Twistband the brand when i first joined Birchbox. I really liked that it did not leave a dent in my hair and did not pull or break my hair. So when i saw that they made headbands and i was lucky enough to sample one i was pretty happy. While they remind me of the simple flat headbands of the late 90's i was happy to take the trip down nostalgia lane. I liked the overall look and quality of the product but it really isnt something i would wear everyday or buy at the price point they are selling it at.Full size: $19

Whish Shave Crave Shaving Cream-
This blueberry scented shaving cream is certainly different than any shaving cream i have tried. It moisturized and got my legs feeling smooth and soft but i am not sure i was a total fan of the scent. As far as shaving creams go as long as it keeps me from cutting myself, having razor burn, and leaves my skin feeling soft, i am happy. I can find one's that satisfy those requirements for about $2.99 so they can keep their blueberry scent and i will keep my $16.99.
Full size: $20

As an extra Birchbox included a Madewell For Birchbox Emery Board. It is said to be patterned after a print in their spring collection, when the color PINK becomes a pattern please let me know. Only one side has a floral pattern on it. It looks pretty generic to me. This is pretty much a dollar store emery board that Birchbox and Madwell can slap an extra $4 dollars on it because they said so. (I always have use for an Emery board though...)


Overall this month was fun, even the items that i sound cynical about i did enjoy trying. If you would like to sign up for Birchbox you can do so here! It is $10 a month which includes shipping. You will receive about 4 samples every month. You can review each product for ten points. When you reach 100 you are given 10$ to spend on anything you want in the Birchbox store and you can accumulate these points to be worth a lot more. While the boxes are sometimes hit or miss there is the occasional great box and you can still get points for the boxes you didn't like. If you review your products every month you get about 10$ every two months making every other box free! So sign up here!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous of this box! ugh this was the box I wish I got! :( Lucky!

    ReplyDelete