Monday, March 25, 2013

Glossy Box February 2013 International Style Review

Of all the posts i am behind on because of myself this one i can honestly blame it on the company! The February Glossybox took forever to arrive. It was the slowest box that i have gotten since joining. Since it is one of my favorite's of my beauty subscriptions i let it go and waited patiently.

The theme of this months box was International Style. January's box blew me away over and beyond and i had no doubts about this month's box. There are so many fantastic international products out there that it must have been very hard to choose the one's to go in this month's box let alone get them all in on time from over seas.


I felt that there was a decent mix of items that ranged from practical to "I Love This" I only felt a bit of disappointment when i saw some others boxes. The grass is always greener though right? While i usually review each picture individualy i forgot to photograph each individual item before migrating them into my collection.

The items i received:

Bvlgari Eau Parfumee Au The Blanc Soap-
I am a big fan of the scents that Bvlargi makes so my opinion may boarder on a bit bias. This soap (while i did not use on the skin but rather in my dedicates drawer) has a soft and powdery scent. Leaving soap in drawers with your clothes allows them to smell like the soap when you remove them. I loved how it left everything with a soft, feminine, powdery but not overpowering scent.

Da Vinci Cosmetics Shimmer Powder-
This mineral powder really impressed me. I was able to use it in so many different ways. I applied it softly on the apples of my cheeks and it highlighted nicely but also made a very pretty eye shadow. I found it to have a little bit of fallout but nothing too major.

Evologie eSystem Duo Pack Intensive Blemish Serum and Stay Clear Cream-
While i do enjoy my Glossybox subscription i am well aware that the people in charge of putting these boxes together lack any knowledge on how to read. They lack complete comprehension of the beauty profile they tell subscribers to take. I am almost 28 i do not need anything for blemishes. I honestly couldn't tell you if this product works or not.

Lisi Liquid Line Eyeliner-
Like i said above Glossybox employes unfortunately do not know how to read. I always say i want trendy, or bright cosmetics  and according to Glossybox brown and black liner is what they consider bright. On a site note this liner really is quite nice. Its applicator makes getting the perfect lined eye look easy. However while i do like this product (and the price point is perfectly on point) it doesn't feel all that new to me and not something i would replace what i already use with.

Nail Rock Nail Wraps- 
This product was impressive. These nail wraps went on fast and fool proof. I liked the design i was sent but saw others i liked as well in others boxes. These remained perfect for about 5 days (yes this is shorter than the time promised but i am quite active with my hands.) I would recommend this product to anyone who wants a quick mani without the dry time.

 The magazine this month  included some great style tips and makeup ideas!


If you would like to receive a box like this every month you can sign up here! Only $21 a month, includes shipping and a bonus magazine!

No comments:

Post a Comment