Sunday, April 21, 2013

Top Box February 2013 Review and Swatches


If you live in the United States you probably have not heard of the subscription TOP BOX. Top Box is a Canadian subscription that is actually not a box at all but rather a tube. This medium sized tube is delivered monthly and is filled with about 4 new products for you to try. They range in size from deluxe size sample to full size and are a mix of both high end and medium end. I have not gotten one drugstore brand yet! For about 14$ a month (Canadian dollar), which includes free shipping you get over and beyond what you pay for plus some great items to try out in the comfort of your own home!
If you would like to sign up for Top Box please click here! (Canadian residences only)

Your tube will arrive with a wallpaper like design on it (except brand specific tubes which will feature the brand). Inside you will find a handy guide to what you received along with information on where to find the product, how much it is, if it is Canadian, or a new release. I personally like to see as much information as possible. I hate getting subscriptions that require me to Google an item.

This month the range of products and their value really impressed me. The Deborah Lippmann nail polish alone was worth more than the price of this tube (20$)! Everything else was somewhat of a bonus to me. It really also do doesn't hurt that the value of the B. Kamins sample is worth about $50! Score.


Make Up Forever Pro- Finish-
This is a new item so i was excited that i was able to try it without having to purchase the full sized product which retails for $42. It has a creamy consistency, medium coverage, and was easy to blend out. I would really consider buying this if i did not already have a go-to foundation.






B. Kamins Nutrient Replacement Cream Kx-
Now i have never tried a nutrient replacement cream, so, i had little to compare it to. I used this product for three days straight and i did notice how it made my skin feel softer and more supple. It did show signs of being healthier. Though the price range is a bit high, if you are looking for something that actually works, and works fast, this would be a great product for you.





Deborah Lippmann Nail Lacquer in Ray of Light-
It seems that lately all the beauty bloggers are raving about miss Lippmann. I haven't been able to bring myself over to her polish since i tried one and really, really, found it very average. This shade, however, changed my mind! Let me just tell you that this shade is unbelievably pretty. A navy blue base with golden/orange reflective flakes. In natural light this shade illuminates on the nails! It reminds me of a night sky right before dusk where park of the sky is that dark navy blue and the other is the sunset. This combination is unique! I found this polish to dry fast and give even coverage. I liked the overall quality and ease of application. I now understand what everyone had been raving about!








Get Creamed Body All Natural Premium Body Butter-
I really loved this body butter. It made my skin feel smooth but was not heavy. The scent was sweet but not over powering. It would be great to match with a perfume like Just Cavalli by Cavalli. Great for even the roughest areas.



Overall this was a really fun month. I felt the products were perfect for the time of year (lotion and cream for cold weather wrecked hands), navy polish with just a bit of bright for the end of winter and the coming spring, and some foundation to try!
Did you get this tube? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment