Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fabulous Drugstore Finds


Earlier this week my mom came to visit. We headed out to Target where my mom decided to treat me to some cosmetics. I picked three items that i don't yet own and have been wanting to try for a while. As you may have noticed I've been on a more luxury brand kick but i will always love my drugstore steals. Thanks Mom!


L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light-
Is it sad that i do not yet own a B.B. cream? I own every other kind of cover up, concealer, corrector, and foundation, but no B.B. cream. I was a bit skeptical over these all in one, do it all, magic face creams. My skepticism was put aside once i tried this out. If there was ever a product to break your B.B. cherry this is the one. This product appears white and feels a little grainy, however, as you rub it in it starts to change to skin tone. It is very smooth, feels moisturizing, and covers up really well. I love how it feels like a great base under my makeup and cuts out some steps in my morning skin regiment. Best of all it looks very natural. I am usually light to olive and this suited my skin tone perfectly.

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light. Click to enlarge. You can see the small bits of color mixed into the moisture.

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light. After rubbing over once.
L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light. After rubbing in 3 times.
L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light. After rubbing in 4 times.

L'oreal Magic Skin Beautifier B.B. Light. After rubbing in 5 times.


Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting-
The first thing i noticed about this blush was the texture. It is super springy and sponge like. It literally is bouncy. The color pay off is just pigmented enough to show on the cheeks but light enough to not overwhelm the face. The texture when applied is moose like; very velvety and blends so easily especially over the above mentioned B.B. cream.
Maybellline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting swactched over L'oreal B.B. CREAM

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Pink Frosting swactched over L'oreal B.B. CREAM



 Maybelline Color Tattoo 40 Tenacious Teal-
I have tried creme shadow before and had all sorts of problems such as creasing or fading but i didn't have this issue with Color Tattoo. It felt creamy and soft and staid even for over 4 hours. There is a bit of shimmer in this shadow. You can apply it thick or thin. The only downside is this product does not come with a brush. I wouldn't recommend a sponge applicator. A small shadow brush would work well and make sure to wash thoroughly afterward. The upside to this product is you do not need a primer under this shadow! You can achieve full pigmentation on dry skin.

 Maybelline Color Tattoo 40 Tenacious Teal

 Maybelline Color Tattoo 40 Tenacious Teal

 Maybelline Color Tattoo 40 Tenacious Teal

 Maybelline Color Tattoo 40 Tenacious Teal



You can find these products and more at your local target or drugstore!

2 comments:

  1. I am pleased that you liked what was bought. Aren't you glad we went to Target? <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, i am glad i could also teach you the meaning of the word Taupe.

      Delete