Friday, August 3, 2012

July Beauty Army Box Review


I recieved my second Beauty Army box last week and i am a little late updating about it. I think subconiously i did this because i wasn't as excited about this months box as i was last months. For starters the selection was very sub-par. Let me explain how Beauty Army works, as to not confuse anyone, before i go on with this review. Every month the beauty subscription service Beauty Army allows you to pick 6 samples (most deluxe and full size),  out of 9. If you don't like your samples you can wait a few days since the window of time is about a week, or you can change your beauty profile. This service is unlike other beauty subscription services in that they allow you to choose what you want to recieve. This subscription service is $12 dollors a month with free shipping and if you are interested you may sign up here. There is a waiting list.



So as i was saying, my samples were not what i was expecting. I changed my beauty profile to reflect all sorts of different aspects such as age, style, etc, and my samples remained the same. This was somewhat disappointing. On the other hand, the few things i did like, i really, really liked. Once again this months products were delivered in a reusable box, designed with pink cameo on the inside and an inspirational card.

Inspirational card, click the image to see it larger.
What i received:
NeoCell Ceuticals-
I love facial scrubs and exfoliater's. I always feel so refreshed after using them. This product is no different. This product has a very light scent, almost unnoticeable, so if you don't like products that are too scented this is good for you. The particles are fine; i personally prefer larger particles but this got the job done. My face didn't feel over exfoliated, didn't look red, and felt very smooth. I wish i would have received more of this product. I am not sure if i will buy this again, but i will consider it.
Price- $47.50


Pssssst! Instant Dry Shampoo-
This product i was excited about. I know it is a simple drugstore item but this is a classic. I prefer Tresemme's dry shampoo still but this gets the job done. I only wash my hair every other day due to it being very thin and fine and i loose a lot of hair, but my hair is oily, so this product helps me get over that in between hump. This is a small size (1.7 oz) so it fits perfectly in my purse for touch ups on the go. If you are looking for a no frills dry shampoo this is a good choice, if you are looking for one that is a little better quality you can check out Suave dry shampoo, and Tresemme dry shampoo. As for how this product works, it sprays like a hair spry but contains powder that absorbs oil. Spray at the roots, 3 inches away from the scalp. Keep flipping hair over to reach all roots, and brush in well. If it comes out too white on your hair simply brush to blend in.  I received the full size product of this.
Price: $3.50

Product Spatula-
I choose this "sample" because of how different it was. I have never seen a mini spatula for sale nor have i ever known anyone who has had one, so naturally i needed it. The purpose of this spatula is to get every last drop of product out of a sample container, or any product container. I often hate looking into my favorite lotion containers and seeing globs on the bottom that i cant reach. Now i can. This product has a very long wand so any bit of product left in a tube, packet, or tub can be utilized.




Macadamia Natural Oil-
This was another item that i was excited to receive. I love hair oil! I know i mentioned that my hair is already oily but what i forgot to mention is that my hair is selectively oily. Oily roots and very, very dry and broken ends. This oil makes my ends feel very smooth. It helped with the frizz throughout my hair as well. I can't say it did much for my split ends but it did a good job of hiding them. The only real way to get rid of split ends is to cut them off. I applied this by pouring some on my hands rubbing my hands together to get the product between my fingers and then rubbed through the lower part of my hair and paid attention to get the product from my palms onto my tips. I would recommend this to anyone with damaged hair, frizzy hair, split ends, or dry.
Price: $30


Apothederm Strech Mark Cream-
While pregnant with my son i obtained plenty of stretch marks. I have been looking for a product to help me get rid of them or make them look less noticeable. While this product feels nice on the skin i didn't see much of a difference. I enjoied using it, but wouldn't buy it.
Price: $89.95

Phitenbella Treatment-
This product is for dry or chemically treated hair with the purpose of eliminating frizz and softening hair. It made my hair feel soft and helped with most of my frizz. I liked the smell of this product, and the overall feel of it in my hair.
Price: $20




If you liked this review and would like to choose 6 samples every month to be mailed to you please sign up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment