Saturday, November 17, 2012

Birchbox November 2012 Review


This months Birchbox was a bit of a refreshment. I feel like i haven't seen a Birchbox with a good mix of both samples and full size for a while (that i really enjoyed). While this months box is not amazing, it is acceptable, and i liked (most) of the items i received.
If you don't subscribe to Birchbox and would like to receive a box filled with samples every month, you can sign up for 10 dollars a month here!


 The theme this month was give. I found it to be appropreate since November is the month of the American Thanksgiving. I also found this month to have items that were month appropriate!




 Lulu Organic Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder-
Hair powder, what that? Well it's just a nicer way to say dry shampoo. You simple rub or pat this on to greasy roots to help absorb oils and dirt in hair. The fragrance is light and just enough to make hair smell clean. I found this sample small but enough for one use.



 ModelCo Fibre Lashxtend Lengthening Mascara-
I had somewhat high expectations for this mascara since i own a lip gloss/lipstick duo from this company that i got in my Glossybox this month. The mirror on the side was the same as the gloss, and while this product looked promising, it irritated my eyes pretty badly. There are small fibers that the brush picks up and it does extend the lashes, but with the irritation i experienced i would rather not use it at all. I received the full size.



 Mox Botanical's Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter-
This smells really nice, its not over powering, but very nice. I love how smooth this goes on my lips and how it doesn't feel greasy. It's small but its good to put it in your purse for the fall weather.


 One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum-
This was one of my favorite products in this month's box. While it does leak if you tip it over or lay it on its side, so dont! It smells like spices and slightly pumpkin (which is known to turn men on so that is a plus!) It is a perfect sent for fall and since it is an oil it has aromatherapy benefits. I felt happy wearing it so i wont dispute that!




John Varvators Artisan-
As an added bonus we got a gift to give to our men! I thought this was such a cute idea until i gave it to my boyfriend and he smelled it. His face was priceless but also let me know that he was completely grossed out by the smell. If this is an indication as to what Birchbox Man is offering then we will really be passing. 


 Some of the products came in this little envelope which is cute to give someone special a little something.




 I also received a coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment