Friday, November 2, 2012

Glossy Box SpaLuxe October 2012 Review and Swatches

 It's that time of the month again where i can show you all the goodies that i received in my Glossy Box. Glossy box, a monthly beauty subscription box that costs $22 dollars a month, free shipping, and contains 5 full size and deluxe products for you to try, arrived this month (October) with a Spa theme. I loved opening up the packaging to find a mini magazine placed on top of my box.


After a little light reading i was really in the mood to treat myself to a pedicure and a soak in the bath.




Unlike other subscription boxes, when you open glossy box it is jam packed with items and you wont find any foil packets or one time use items here.

 As for the items for this month, there were two full sized products worth almost 50 dollars. These products (Modelco Lip Duo and Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap) make this subscription box more than worth it. The only downside to this month's box was finding out that some subscribers also received a nail polish. I feel that leaving certain products out for certain subscribers is a little unfair. While i do love my box, i am growing impatient with subscription services offering some better products to other members (Birchbox being the biggest offender)



 Carols Daughter Almond Cookie Shea Souffle- (Half size product worth $10)
This delicious smelling lotion will leave your skin feeling soft and smelling edible.  It instantly hydrated my skin and it didn't feel greasy or heavy.

 Alessandro Pedix Heel Rescue Balm-
I believe there is a typo on the card since it says full size is 0.26 fl oz yet this sample is 1.01 fl oz. So  i can't exactly calculate a worth. This product helped to combat my dry skin on my feet and ankles. Even though it isn't summer any more, my feet feel soft, and look perfectly pedicured. I would recommend this product to people with severely dry feet. This product does keep skin moist so be careful walking after applying this products. This would be great to apply at night. Put a pair of socks on after you apply it before bed and wake up with super soft feet.



 Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist- ( worth $1.37 0.25 oz since full size is $22 for 4 oz)-
This product made my hair so sleek and shiny and i love that you don't have to be fresh out of the shower to apply it. I applied it after blowing out my hair to add volume and misted this on. My hair instantly gained more shine. I can't say for sure that this product strengthen my hair since i use other products that do that, but it did have a noticeable positive effect. This product is also free of parabans and and sulfates, if you like organic products, this is a good choice.


  Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap (I recieved the full size worth $8)-
This has to be the most interesting product that i have received in any subscription box.  A loofa that has been made into soap. This smells fresh, is unique, and you can use it alone to wash yourself or rub the soap on to a wash cloth. I was able to exfoliate on rougher body parts like elbows and knees. This product is supposed to increase circulation, i have some bad circulation in my legs but i cant say i noticed any difference. For the price and uniqueness of this item, i am in love either way with or without that extra benefit.




Modelco Lip Duo Lipstick and Ultra Shine Lip Gloss (Full size $39)-
I was super  excited to see this product in my Glossy Box. This full sized lipstick and lip gloss duo with mirror on the side is the perfect cosmetic to always have in your purse. Forgot to do your lips? This product has you covered. Since it is a three in one product it will take up less space which is always good in a tiny purse. I like that this shade, it is a neutral and universally flattering. Can be worn alone or together with the gloss. The lipstick has a light shine finish and the gloss has a bit of shimmer in it. Both apply smoothly, last for about 2 hours, and aren't too drying.







As am added bonus, a business card was included for Physique 57, which included a discount coupon. 


If you would like to sign up for Glossy Box you can do so here!

No comments:

Post a Comment