Sunday, September 23, 2012

Quaker Oats- Delicious Treats For Fall

I am about to go off track from cosmetics for a moment. You know i wouldn't do this unless it was something really great and I honestly couldn't be more thrilled right now! After participating in the Summer Beauty VoxBox from Influenster, i was chosen to receive these wonderful new products from Quaker Oats. I am absolutely blown away by quality, flavor, and nutrition. Read on for each individual review!



Quaker Stila Crispy Oat Cookie Bars- Strawberry-
I have to start off by saying these have a great texture. Crunchy outside, gooey inside. They are really different from from what is traditionaly available. Imagine a nutragrain bar just with a crunchy outer shell. It almost made me feel as if i was eating something that was bad for me but was really only 100 calories  low in sodium, sugar, and saturated fat! Plus the gooey strawberry tasted just right. Not too sweet or tangy, but not under flavored either. The package had a little air in it so it was safe to throw in my purse. When i opened it later it wasn't broken just a few oats had popped off the top. This is a great on the go snack that can help you pass up that snickers bar!



Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookies- Chocolate Almond-
I hate oatmeal cookies but i love these! I know that is somewhat of an oxymoron. Most companies, and even my own family for that matter, just don't know how to make a decent oatmeal cookie. However Quaker Oats has taken my favorite cookie, chocolate chip, and made it wholesome! Imagine that! It is pure genius. I imagine the product creators sitting around wondering well people like chocolate chips but it needs to be healthy, and hey we make oatmeal, the light bulb goes off and this product is born. It is chewy, soft, chocolaty, flavorful, filling, and just a little crunchy because of the almonds. This is made with whole grains, individually packed for portion control, 170 calories, and a much better alternative to grabbing some chips ahoy (which are delicious but not exactly healthy). These soft chewy cookies break apart easily and melt in your mouth but don't fall apart in your hand. My son loved them, my boyfriend loved them, and i loved them. A+ from the whole family on this!



Quaker Yogurt Bars in Blueberry-
This is the only item i personally cant rave about. I personally have never liked how these tasted. I always found them a little dry and just not the snack i would turn to. However my family loves them. So while i personally don't love them they can be described as chewy soft oat bars with a yogurt bottom (tastes kind of like tart vanilla but in a good way), the dried blueberries throughout the bar add a lot of fruit flavor without being over powering. Low in calories, good source of calcium, easy to take on the good. I think it is a great breakfast option for busy parents since it has grains, fruit, and dairy all in one.

Quaker Chocolate Chip Oatmeal-
I am loving this theme, taking home baked goods and making them into healthy snack and breakfast options. This is a real hit! Heat it up in the microwave with some milk, or hot water, and you have yourself a delicious breakfast that will have you feeling like you just treated yourself to something decidant when really it was a healthy option. Quaker Oats makes it easy to treat yourself while still giving you healthy options!  One serving contains only 130 calories and is low in sugar and sodium.


Quaker  Cinnamon Pecan Bread Soft Baked Bars-
When i originally recieved the Banana Nut Bread Soft Baked Bars i fell head over heels in love. I ran out to the store the same day i tried it and bought a box and have been buying every since. My son loves them, i love them, my boyfriend love them. I can take them to the park, to the store, to school, or just have them on me while im running around cleaning. The Cinnamon Pecan Bread Soft Baked Bars, just like the Banana Nut Bread Soft Baked Bars, smell like home baked goods that you just didnt have time to make. I feel like these remind me of something i would buy at a bakery, or make myself. They are soft, chewy, and slightly crunchy because of the pecans; they look homemade and they taste homemade. This is rare since so many products are dry, or just have that production line/factory feel to them. These really don't. This flavor goes great with fall inspired Pumpkin coffee when your sitting down with friends, or as a quick snack while on the bus/train. At only 140 calories you don't have to feel like you are breaking your diet. As an added benifit these contain 20% of your daily B vitamins and even 6g of protien. You really can have your delicious baked goods while taking care of yourself and your family! On a final note, this product actually looks like the product on the box! No lies from Quaker!



 Quaker Oats Whole Hearts Lightly Sweetened Oat Cereal-
These are Cheerios adorable cousin. Heart shaped healthy oat cereal will have the kid in you liking the shape while the adult in you loves how heart healthy this product is. Since it is lightly sweetened even children like this, my son noticed the shape difference and was claiming "it's amazing!" (he is two so it was just heart warming). The claim on the box is pretty on point these did taste better than Original Cheerios. So next time you are in your local store and want something a little different and a little better, this is a great option.
Quaker Oatmeal Squares-
These reminded me of shredded wheat meets chex mix and in no way did that disappoint me. These sweet squares were just what i needed to wake me up in the morning. Full of flavor, healthy, filling, and low in calories. I like that i can throw some in a ziplock bag and snack on them throughout the day at school, at the grocery store, and even after i work out. This filled me up and gave me energy. I tried this also with a very small amount of warm milk and liked it. So this cereal is versatile to your tastes. Since it is sweet, but not too sweet, you can add fruit like shown. I liked mine with blueberries, strawberries, and even sliced banana. To each their own. This is a cereal your family will love.



Disclaimer: This post contains complimentary products from Quaker Oats and Influenster. These reviews only contain my honest opinions on these products.

If this got your tummy rumbling or you would like to make a healthy change in your life without having to give up traditional sweet treats and snacks check out your local grocery store for these Quaker products or for a list of all products and where to buy check out the Quaker Oats website here!


No comments:

Post a Comment