Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 2012 Birchbox Goop Box Review and Swatches


This month, Birchbox teamed up with Gweneth Paltrow's website GOOP. I decided to Goop this month, and while i am not entirely sure if i received the GOOP box or the regular box since most boxes received by members looked the same this month, my box was halfway decent.

GOOP is a website that focuses on top pics for fashion and life items. Many of these items are very over priced for the average budget. I thought this would be the best box option since i would be more likely to get higher quality and higher priced items to try. This box was no different then any other month, and while better then other boxes i have seen, my overall satisfaction is weening.


At first glace this box looks fantastic. I was initially let down when i realized that i received a grey nail polish instead of the bright berry purple that was shown on the website. Two months in a row now i have received a grey-ish polish. I am over it! Is it really possible that a site that talks about 400 dollar head bands would recommend the same Luna Bars, the one's in normal birchboxs? Something seems very off! I apologize in advance but there will be much ranting.

Products that i received:
Essie Nail Polish In Power Clutch-
This polish was featured in the sneek peek video that Birchbox released, yet only 2 out of 30!!!! possible boxes contained an Essie polish. I could go on and on about how unfair that is to most members, giving them the idea that they will receive this coveted  polish only to wind up with foil packets. I personally was happy to see the purple dark berry color on my page, but receiving this grey which was very similar to the grey i received last month (this is a lot less blue, but still grey) i feel is too redundant to be happy about. The formula was fantastic, and it applied opaquely. I have no complaints about how the product works nor its color in general, however my gripes lay with Birchbox and their inability to provide accurate items.






Naked Princess Naked Shine Luscious Lip Gloss-
I saw this on my box preview and smiled, i couldn't wait to try this gloss. I own a Naked Princess Lotion that i have been impressed with for a while. So when i saw this tiny little cardboard wrapper i was confused. Was this the intro card? Did they forget the product? Nope the sample of lip gloss was smaller than the size of a perfume sample. Really?? Really Birchbox? I get bigger and better samples for free. All that aside it was a non sticky, lightly pigmented lip gloss that left my lips shiny and moisturized.





 Joanna Vargas Daily Serum-
I would LOVE to know what genius at Birchbox said HEY! I have a brilliant idea! Lets give our subscribers a daily serum in a one use tiny tube so they can only use it once and have no idea how it works over a period of time to test its daily effect, and then we can find out how much they like this DAILY serum. To be honest, i did not even open this. I feel like this is a waste of a product. If you have tried it and liked it i am glad, my disappointment will not allow me to use such nonsense.



 Luna Fiber Bar-
I really liked this chewy chocolate bar with a little bit of raspberry flavor. Not overly sweet, tasted like a desert but healthy, and i liked how it felt filling. What i didn't like is why its in a GOOP box when it is in normal average Birchbox's.



 Kiehl's Aromatic Blends Orange Flower and Lychee Liquid Body Cleanser-
This is the one saving item of this whole box. Something new, something different, something in a useful size. I love this product. The smell is beautiful and natural. It stays on the skin for a good amount of time after the shower so your skin will smell good, but if you choose to wear perfume it wont over power it. Lathered nicely.




I know this post is filled with rant but overall Birchbox isn't terrible it just has its moments. If you would like to sign up click here!



2 comments:

  1. The serum is actually resealable. I've had it for two weeks, I use it twice a day everyday and there's half left. A little goes a long way and it is very nice(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps i opened mine wrong? That kind of makes me sad as i would have loved to be able to use this as described. I am glad it worked for you though!

      Delete