Friday, July 27, 2012

Milani Runway Eyes Review and Swatches - Black Out, Caribbean Sea, and Leaf Green

So shiny! These babies really stand out on a shelf among the other drugstore shadows.  Milani Runway Eyes are shimmery and pigmented. I bought my first Milani Runway Eyes quite some time ago and have since been adding to my quaint collection. These shadows are so versatile. They can be used wet- which is kind of like painting the color on your eyelids, or dry - i prefer over primer.


If you love this shadow there is a generous amount so you don't have to worry about running out plus they come in many different colors. There is only one thing i really don't like about this product and that is the applicator. It is the worst applicator i have ever used. Since it is curved it doesn't fit between my fingers well, doesn't give me even coverage, doesn't allow me to properly blend, and that little brush at the end, yah that's useless. So pick up some sponge applicators at the beauty supply store or drug store before you get this product. Or use brushes if you have them. I prefer E.L.F brushes, you can check them out here!




My newest addition- Black Out
I needed a shadow that would be shimmery in the crease or outer corner. Most of my blacks are matte or not nearly shimmery enough. Black out is a happy medium. The swatches don't do it justice.

Milani Runway Eyes Black Out
Milani Runway Eyes Black Out

Milani Runway Eyes Black Out

Milani Runway Eyes Black Out

Over primer, with flash

Over primer without flash.

Caribbean Sea-
I bought this color before pastels became in again. Aren't i lucky that i am ahead of the trend (always!). This shade is a bright light blue. It shimmers, even though the pictures don't show it as much as i would have liked them too. This is perfect as a lid color blended out. If you use this color dry and without primer it will appear as a light blue shimmer without being too opaque. I feel this could work for any skin tone or style depending on how it is used.


Milani Runway Eyes in Caribbean Sea
Milani Runway Eyes in Caribbean Sea

Milani Runway Eyes in Caribbean Sea
Milani Runway Eyes in Caribbean Sea over primer with flash.


Milani Runway Eyes in Caribbean Sea over primer without flash.


Leaf Green-
One of my favorite greens! I have had this shade for years! When i say they last, they really last. For 6 dollars i have gotten 6 years out of this shadow. I can't say that for most of my other shadows! This is a light shimmery green. When applied over primer it can look like it has a pearl finish but it is really a frost or shimmer. If you use it wet it appears frost. If you use it without primer it is simply a green shimmer.


Milani Runway Eyes in Leaf Green

Milani Runway Eyes in Leaf Green

Milani Runway Eyes in Leaf Green


Milani Runway Eyes in Leaf Green over primer with flash


Milani Runway Eyes in Leaf Green over primer without flash.

These shadows should be a staple in every girls collection (especially Black Out!) You can pick up these and other Milani products here!

No comments:

Post a Comment